Forge aims to mobilise ordinary people to become missional and thrive in whatever context they are called to. This may be in pioneering new things, church planting, working in and through an already existing church, or serving in a local community, professional or relational network.
The new South-West hub for Forge England and Wales, run in partnership with Seventy-two, has recently completed the first cycle of training. Here are some thoughts from trainees during their last weekend together:
The Forge network is led by active missional practitioners who are able to offer significant experiential training in pioneering contexts. Founded by Alan Hirsch and Michael Frost, and now delivered by For Mission Training, Forge cultivates missional communities around the world by identifying, developing, and training missional leaders, teams, and practitioners.
The key components of the course are:
- 3 training weekends, currently based in Bristol
- At least 5 coaching sessions throughout the year with a trained coach
- Additional meetings with a peer group for learning, support, reflection and encouragement
- A placement in an existing or new setting
- Formation: each participant will be encouraged to develop theologically and spiritually through training, coaching, ongoing reflection and social media.
In taking the Forge programme you will:
- Build theological and biblical foundations of mission for life
- Develop skills and tools to discern your missional context
- Be coached in developing more effective contextual missional strategies
- Form missional habits and attitudes that revolutionise the way you see yourself and the world around you
- Discover your gifts, passions, and shape for missional leadership
- Be equipped with practical skills and tools to become more competent and effective in forming and developing missional communities
- Grow in your faith as you step into new missional adventures
- Join a new community with travelling companions that will support and encourage you, as you learn to take risks for God and for the kingdom.
Seventy-two is partnering with ForMission college to provide hubs in the South and West of England and Wales.
The 2017 Hub is now underway, but we’re already making plans for 2018. Please join us on one of our taster mornings which will be taking place on November 4th 2017 in both South Wales and in the Southern Counties.